My auntie is from the South & she made it extremely clear that there is no such thing as a Southern woman who doesn’t know how to cook “something”. I’m a jersey girl raised southern and this weekend I intend to honor my auntie with some of favorites that she taught me with my own twist! Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
3 white Baking Potatoes
2 yellow onions finely chopped
2 tablespoons Onion powder
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 can of Campbell’s cream of celery soup
1 can of Campbell’s cheddar cheese soup
Carnation evaporated milk
1 Cracker Barrel extra sharp grated or solid cheese
Freeze dried or fresh chives
1. Fill medium pot a quarter of the way with water. Bring water to a boil.
2. Peel and coarsely chop white potatoes into bite size pieces.
3. Put potatoes and finely chopped onions in boiling water
4. In another small pot, pour just enough carnation milk to cover just the bottom of the pot. Put stove top on lowest possible setting.
5. Add grated cheddar and Campbell cheddar soup to milk
Stir often until cheese is melted
6. Once potatoes & onions are tender add can of celery soup and cheese mixture. Stir often.
7. Add a quarter stick of butter, onion powder and sea salt.
8. Garnish with additional shredded cheddar and chives
That is some GREAT eating